Sunday, June 17, 2012

This Calls For A Carlsberg.

But not in a good way.

Poor Dutch fans :( they are so quiet and sad.

Good thing we didn't do a fantasy bracket for this. I would be getting a LOT of balls kicked at my butt! (Those of you who participated in our World Cup 2010 fantasy brackets have missed out on your chance to seek revenge :P)

But for realz. I am annoyed Portugal is moving on because all the players I can't stand seem to be on that team. But, as Steve said, it doesn't really matter because Germany will beat them all.

I am okay with that statement because, without Carles Puyol playing, my heart is not in it for Spain anymore. (I have come to realize that I am not necessarily a fan of teams, but rather a fan of certain players. And jerseys. Croatia, anyone? :) )


Pros of the night:

We had bomb seats for tonight's (as my brother called it) crackin' match between two teams who are do-or-die in this tournament. Like, breathing on the corner flag by the homeside goal bomb diggity seats. This meant we saw two of the three goals up close and personal.

I got to boo Pepe AND Cristiano Ronaldo in person. Woot.

No lines in the women's bathroom! Not even with the post-game rush. Very impressive.

This Carlsberg beer carrier cost only $10!

Do you guys understand how awesome that is? If we were at Home Depot Center watching a Galaxy game, these beers would cost ten bucks EACH.

Anywho. We leave Kharkiv for Donetsk in four hours, at 6:25am EET. Let's hope that 1), we can make it to the train station with more than three seconds to spare, and 2) that we get internet at our hostel there, because otherwise you won't hear from us until June 28th!!! D:

Tragic, I know.

Hope you all are having a wonderful day!

1 comment:

  1. A pack of beer for 10$ at a stadium?!?! Ridiculous!!

    ReplyDelete