Thursday, May 23, 2013

Summary of My Life.

So my cousin was participating for a while in this challenge called "Blog Every Day in May." I didn't realize she was doing it until about two weeks into May (and realized that going from hardly blogging ever to blogging EVERY DAY was a bit too ambitious), so I figured it was too late to jump in.

But I looked at all the daily prompts and I really like some of them. So I'm cheating, and just doing some of them, and I'm not going to write every day because really, I probably won't, and this will probably extend past May since we've only got a week of it left. So here goes -

Day 1: Story of your life, in 250 words or less.

I’ve done the typical life things for a twenty-something: graduated college, held down a good job, become financially stable. But those things don’t define me. They don’t really represent anything I stand for as a person.
 I love to see beautiful things, taste delicious things, and do incredible things. I am a world traveler and a wife, a planner at heart, a soccer player and coach. I have tattoos that are a statement to the kind of life I try to live, I love wearing lipstick even though my husband doesn’t like to kiss me when I do, and I don’t brush my hair very often. I have learned to fear nothing and sometimes find myself crying, not because I’m sad but because this world is so beautiful and life is so short. I am a decent writer, despite my tendency to use too many run-on sentences. I am no longer a picky eater. I often suffer from book hangover. Some bucket list items are to see as many countries as possible, learn another language fluently, get a six-pack, participate in a polar bear plunge, compete in an amateur ballroom dance competition, take a trapeze class, pay a stranger’s dinner bill, and jump in a taxi and yell “follow that car!”
I think my husband is the handsomest man I’ve ever seen, I prefer to spend money on experiences, not things, and I ALWAYS dance like no one is watching.
Above all things, I am a WOMAN. Happy and alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment