Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Home.

We have made it back to California, safe and sound.

And exhausted.

Our flight from Dusseldorf was a little longer than eleven hours(!). They had some newer movies available, so I watched Snow White and the Huntsman, which wasn't nearly as good as the previews made it out to be, and I also watched Marvel's The Avengers. Twice. Even though I've already seen it.

*sigh* Whoever did the casting for all these characters is brilliant. I have never seen so many attractive people in one place, kicking ass and saving the world. Not to mention all the one-liners that I find hilarious. The Avengers is easily my favorite movie of the year. Maybe ever.

I didn't sleep much on the plane, maybe two or three hours, so when we finally landed, I was practically asleep on my feet. We breezed through customs (thank goodness, because now I can stop worrying about the horns not getting through!) and walked outside, and found out that even though we were back in the States, no one here (here being right outside the LAX Terminal 1) speaks English. We were surrounded by European tourists and Mexicans and Asians of all kinds. It was just funny to think about. :)

The highways were crowded and there were fast food places everywhere. We were definitely back in America.

I had originally wanted to go to Little Tokyo and eat some Orochon, but it was so warm outside and I was so tired that I wasn't really in the mood for it. I just wanted to sleep - after all, I'd only gotten about four hours of sleep in the last 48 hours. We ended up stopping at Tommy's and getting chili cheese burgers and fries for dinner (welcome back!). When we got to Steve's mom's house, we basically gave her and David hugs before knocking out and sleeping for the next nine hours straight.

And now we're back (and awake!)

No comments:

Post a Comment