Sunday, October 14, 2012

....Back at the Airport????

We have been home for almost two weeks now.... So what am I doing back at the airport???

We spent our first week eating avocados (maybe that was just me... I think I ate four in two days) and phò and barbeque, showing off our pictures and souvenirs, and spending time with loved ones. We had a busy first weekend back, driving around to see friends and family. We had a big reunion with our beloved friends from university, who can only hang out on weekends because, unlike Steve and me, they all have jobs. :P Staying up until almost 4am with those guys on Saturday completely negated any progress we'd made on getting our sleeping schedules back on track.

On Tuesday, my brother, who had been in LA, and I drove back to Redding for my MRI on Wednesday. For those of you who know my brother, I have something that will blow your mind: he and I talked NONSTOP almost the entire way home. Probably at least six hours of the eight-hour drive saw onenor the other of us chatting. And Peter did most of the talking! :) It feels really good to know my brother missed me.

Wednesday was a busy day for both Steve and me, even though we were on opposite sides of the state. I had an MRI for my knee (FINALLY!) and Steve had a job interview. My MRI was uneventful: 15 minutes in the waiting room peering into their fish tank and 15 minutes of laying down perfectly still (which was hard to maintain when that "Gangnam Style" song came on the radio in the room; seriously, why is that song popular here?? Hilarious, but.... ?????). My orthopedic surgeon should have been sent the results on Friday, so hopefully tomorrow (Monday) I will get a call from his office to schedule surgery.

Steve's interview, according to him, did not go well, but their next-day job offer begs to differ. After some discussion, however, Steve turned it down. We don't want to live in Santa Barbara. Yeah, sure, it's pretty out there, but it is also one of the most expensive places in California, fairly isolated from anything else, and neither of us are really beach people. It would have been a great career opportunity but in a crappy location. And since I have surgery and impending physical therapy coming up, as well as a prospective job offer in Redding, we will most likely end up at this end of California, at least for a while.

Now, what the heck am I doing sitting in a rocking chair at the Sacramento airport, waiting fornmy flight back down to SoCal?

Simple, really. I received a call from my old boss, who made me an offer I can't refuse, and now I'm on my way to two days of employment. Whoo!

Also, even though we spent almost EVERY SINGLE MOMENT of the last four months together, I very much miss my husband (we've been apart for over five days!!!) and didn't want to wait to see him again :P the work thing just makes it convenient.

No comments:

Post a Comment